Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Back from Vacation....

Well we are home and we are tired!! This last week on the east coast was wonderful and very emotional. After 38 years my Dad retired from the Navy and the ceremony and parties that followed were just amazing. He is such a wonderful person, father and grandfather, and to see how many peole look up to him and respect him was so great to experience first hand.

The same weekend my "baby" brother graduated from Cape Henry Collegiate High School and that was almost equally emotional. It was great to have a mini family reunion as well as seeing family friends, some of whom I havnt seen since I was a little girl.

While in Virginia I was able to fit in a few sessions too, all of them high school seniors, and lots of fun in some very different than my normal locations. These sneak peaks will follow soon!

For now, here are some of my favorites from the retirement ceremony. Both of my sisters and my brother in law are active duty Navy and were a part of an emotional flag ceremony.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeni, these are amazing!! We love you!! Aunt Lori called and told us to take a peak!! Miss you guys already!

Nicole said...

OH jeni, those are awesome!!! I would have been bawling the whole weekend, I'm sure!

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

these are perfect jeni!! can't wait to see more :)

Rebecca said...

These are awesome Jeni!! can't wait to see more :)